- Definitely save your search preferences. This way, you can avoid the time that it takes to start a brand new search each time you want to view profiles. You'll also receive a helpful notification when someone new meets those preferences so that you won't miss anyone.
- Avoid including criteria that's too strict. It's too easy to fall into the trap of treating a search like a shopping list and this is what causes a lot of people to miss out on finding their match. If you wouldn't turn a great person down for a date because they don't have blue eyes, don't include that as a filter in your search. These should be make or break filters only.
- If you're a subscriber, snooze the profiles of anyone who doesn't interest you. This way, they won't continue to appear in your search results and you can focus on making room for new results to appear. Learn more about this feature here: How does the snooze feature work?
- As you find people who do interest you, add them as a favorite. This way, you can easily find these profiles in your favorites list instead of sorting through all of the profiles in your search results to find them again. Even better yet, try tip #4:
- Make sure to reach out to anyone and everyone in your search results who interests you. Don't wait for them to contact you first because that may never happen. If your goal is to be successful in finding a spouse, it's important that you contact several people each day with meaningful messages. If you aren't sure what to say, learn more here: What should I say when I first contact someone?
How can we help?Ask a question or describe the problem you're having
If you have specific criteria in mind for your ideal match, the search feature is going to be the best fit for you. Using the search feature, you can enter your ideal preferences for a match and then view a list of everyone on CatholicMatch who meets those preferences.
When you select "New Search" from your search menu, you have the opportunity to begin a brand new search with no previously saved criteria included. If you're looking for criteria that you've saved in the past, press "Saved Search" from your search menu instead.
What filters are available when searching?
When setting up a new search or modifying existing saved criteria, you have a number of options to choose from. Each of these options are categorized so that you can easily find what you're looking for. Once you've set up your preferences, don't forget to save them!
Basic Criteria: Choose from the basics including gender, age, distance from your city or another city of your choosing, and whether or not one has included photos within their profile.
Appearance: Choose requirements based on appearance including height, body type, eye color, and hair color.
Background: Choose requirements based on one's background including marital status, whether or not they have children, their education level, and their race.
Lifestyle: Choose requirements based on one's lifestyle including political views, smoking habits, and drinking habits.
Faith: Choose requirements based on one's faith level, including their belief in the teachings of the Church, mass attendance, and preferences for liturgical style.
Miscellaneous: Choose from lesser-used options, such as favorite things, when someone created an account, when they last signed in, their country, whether they're online now, have a birthday today, or participate in the forums.
How can I save my preferences?
Once you've set up your preferences, press "Run Search". This brings you to a list of everyone on CatholicMatch who meets those preferences. In the upper left corner, above your first search result, press "Save this Search" to save your preferences. This way, instead of reentering your preferences every time you want to view profiles, it's as easy as visiting your Saved Search page.
How can I get the most out of the search feature?