If someone doesn't respond to your message, don't take it personally. An unfortunate reality of online dating is that not everyone who you choose to contact is going to choose to respond.
They may be speaking to someone else and haven't quite reached the point where they're ready to remove their profile. They may be busy and haven't had time to respond yet. It's also possible that they don't feel that the two of you would be a good match.
No matter the reason, the most important thing is that you're continuing to contact others. Here are some things that you can do to improve your odds of hearing back from other members:
- Make sure that your profile is complete. This includes your short answers, temperament test, favorite things, and interview, too! Click here to review your profile: Review my Profile
- Make sure that your photos are recent and that you have at least 5. Click here to review and update your photos: Review my Photos
- Make sure that you're being personal in your messages. Let them know what you saw in their profile that made you want to reach out.
- Ask a couple of meaningful questions in your messages. This way, they have an easy place to begin when writing a response.
- If you don't hear back within a week, send a follow up message.
If you continue to struggle to get responses after trying each of these things, contact our customer support team and they will be happy to review your profile and offer tips to help you to succeed.